Contact Us

If you would like to join us, please email: birminghamhomebirth@gmail.com
Paula Sims Home Birth Support Group Coordinator
Tel: 07736 323779
www.PregnancyYogaBirmingham.co.uk

Monday 12 May 2014

I touched her hair in the water!

My waters broke around 3 am but the labor started in the morning. I used all the techniques learned from my Yoga teacher Paula to cope with the pain. My dad and Simon got the pool ready and I called the hospital to send the midwives.

Yoga helped me to speed up the first stage and it seemed my breathing techniques and Tens machine worked well. Then I used the gas and air, which was delivered via taxis from hospital. During my labor, I was worried the gas air would run out before the replacement arrived. Simon helped me to check and communicated with the midwives.

After I took off the Tens machine and got into the pool, the progress was slowing down. I had to do the sweep to speed up. After this had been done, pain was aggravated and I could only rely on water and gas air to cope the pain. Well, they took off the gas air from me later. Finally I could feel Olivia coming out and I touched her hair in the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment